Sunday, October 2, 2011

Soprano XL-update again!

I've been the world's worst blogger.  Should have updated forever ago.
So...the experience with Soprano and Bellair Beauty Bar has been a bit mixed.  The girl currently at the Yorkville location is fantastic.  I really like her and she seems to genuinely want me to have good results.  The first few sessions weren't quite as fun.
The sessions haven't all been completely pain free.  Sometimes it does hurt.  Not terribly and not for long...but it definitely smarts at times when I'm getting my bikini line done.  Underarms are fine.
Results have been mixed.  After the 1st and 3rd sessions I thought I was doing well.  I got lots of regrowth after the 2nd and again after the 4th; although it was finer after the 4th session.  I had my 5th one 2 weeks ago now and I'm noticing some shedding now which I hope is a  good sign.
I really don't know whether or not to recommend it.  I've just had my second last session so it all really hangs on how successful it and the last one are.  At the moment I'm far from hair free.  In a moment of craziness I bought 2 more vouchers with the aim of getting my lower legs done when my tan fades.  I shouldn't be allowed on group buy websites...

4 comments:

  1. Hi smurf,
    i was seriously considering soprano xl but ur blog made me skeptical. i had my patch test and that did feel bearable pain as compared to candela gentle yag plus the discount temptation. can u plz tell me which setting they used on u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you reccomend soprano at this point? would rather know now prior to spending 300 on groupon! even electrolysis hasn't worked for me, so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't know! Definitely much less hair after 6 sessions but don't think that was enough. Now have to decide whether or not to get more or just leave things as they are....
    Think the operator made a difference. Debbie was the girl who did my final four and was much better and more thorough. It seems to have done something but 6 sessions left me far from hair free.

    ReplyDelete